"The Portal " by LJCA 16" x 16" Oil paint on Canvas
"The Portal"
Price: $500.00
by LJCA 2021
Contact: ljigsambata@yahoo.com
Facebook: Jigs Ambata
Instagram: ljigsambata
It was a few minutes before the clock strikes twelve midnight of December 31, 2021, I decided to paint. A New Year art was a cool thing to feed the sentimental me. But I was wondering what would be the more appropriate subject. I want to combine Impressionism, Cubism, and Fauvism in one art. I realize it was New Year so I wanted to give tribute to Janus, the two-faced deity of the Roman mythology. From Janus was derived the month January. It was just fitting to paint about what was to be left behind and what will be embraced in the future. What was and what will be brought me a rational illustration of doors or portals. I am entering the portal of the past and moving toward the portal of the future. I guess I gave some justice to the concept and I hope you also appreciate my art. A bit of delving into the realm of abstraction but the combination of shapes and colors may mean something for the beholder. Everyday, we face many portals.
Comments
Post a Comment